Be All You Can Be…
A few years ago, the United States Army started a publicity campaign using the slogan, “Be all that you can be”. Catchy, isn’t it? That phase enticed thousands of new recruits into joining the ranks of an organization that would help them to be all they could be.
What the Army may not want you to think of is the fact that you don’t need anything or anyone else to be your best. You already have everything it takes!
Don’t get me wrong here. I completely support & stand behind our armed forces & the amazing people who serve. Period.
Making the effort is all that stands between who we are now and being our absolute best. Sure, it’s not always easy but you sure don’t need a drill sergeant to drive you to improve yourself, right? You simply need a plan…and to stick to it.
The Recipe in 6 Steps
While that might seem to make light of the steps and effort that goes into realizing our full potential, it’s all that’s required to begin the process. For anything we do in life, there is a process, a “recipe” of steps, so to speak. The recipe for beginning along the path of being your very own, personal best is simple on paper. And it looks something like this:
- Realize the need for change – or that there’s “room” for personal improvement.
- Have a desire to make that change. This is extremely important & without this desire, it’s never going to actually happen.
- Put together a plan: goals list, mission statement, covenants to yourself & others, etc. Include dates you’ll start and when you’ll reach other milestones.
- Start your plan on the day you’ve designated. Review your plan daily so it stays fresh.
- Nourish yourself. Fee yourself positive along the journey so as to keep your mental-self strong.
- Never give up!